No bake Vegan Vegetarian Dairy Free Gluten Free Naturally Sweetened
Sometimes it's difficult to make it through from one meal to the next without a snack. Why not try these delicious, family friendly, no-bake carrot cake energy bites to boost your energy without a huge energy spike
Catering for all levels of dietary requirements can be tricky, especially when your life it busy. Perhaps you are looking for something to put in the kids' lunchboxes which can also curb your mid-afternoon hunger pang. These energy bites are just the ticket.
When you need a snack on the go it can be easy to reach for a chocolate bar, biscuit or cereal equivalent. Often these snacks, although marketed as healthy, actually contain a lot of hidden ingredients: glucose syrup, vegetable fat, palm, shea; maltodextrin, glycerol etc. They might taste delicious, but if you don't know what is in them, do your really want to eat them?
This is a great no-bake, no fuss recipe that can easily be adapted for all of the family and any dietary requirement. It's as simple as popping 8 ingredients into a food processor and whizzing together then rolling the bites into balls and covering them in desiccated coconut. It's also a great thing to do with kids!
They are naturally-sweetened, can easily be make gluten free, a source of healthy fats and are flavoured with the spices ginger and cinnamon to support blood sugar balance.
What's not to like? They're:
Blood sugar balancing
70g pitted dates
70g carrots, grated
50g rolled oats (GF if required)
50g chopped nuts (mixed)
15g chia seeds
25g desiccated coconut
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Soak dates in a large bowl of hot water for 10 minutes until softened. Drain and place in a food processor.
2. Add all of the ingredients to the food processor except the coconut.
3. Blitz until smooth then transfer to the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours
4. Roll the chilled mixture into 20 balls then roll in desicated coconut to serve.
5. The bites will keep in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for a month.